Kevin Wolf – Principal Consultant
After founding Wolf and Associates and acting as its principal consultant in 1992, Kevin Wolf began working full time as CEO for the Wind Harvest Company in the fall of 2005. In 2006 he co-founded Wind Harvest International. Since then his title has changed and not he is a board member and Officer at large for the company helping it in many different ways. Wolf and Associates is no longer active, though in the spirit of having one’s work make a difference in the world, all the material the company developed is made freely available to others.
Bio: After Mr. Wolf graduated with a degree in Evolution and Ecology (Zoology) from UC Davis, he worked for the next ten years as an organizer and fundraiser for the non-profit, environmental group Friends of the River. He left F.O.R. in 1992 to form his own successful consulting company, Wolf and Associates, which had a focus on strategic planning for non-profits, businesses, and governments and on finding common ground solutions to environmental problems. Emphasizing “strategic options” planning, consensus-based facilitation, and metadata searchable web “portals”, Mr. Wolf and his team assisted many diverse stakeholders in finding solutions to complex environmental dispute and long term strategic plans.
Wolf has been active in numerous capacities within Davis where he lives including chairing the City of Davis’ Housing Committee, serving on the board of the Davis Food Co-op and co-founding the N Street Cohousing community.
Kevin continues to volunteer on projects and cause. The two current ones (April 2014) are:
Wolf’s Resume provides a list of the many clients with whom he has worked and the volunteer positions he has held.
David Siedband was the lead Watershed Portal programmer at Wolf and Associates. He continues to use the portal related software in his own projects. He cultivates his understanding of information design through daily coding and participation in the open source community.
We share common values and goals and love getting paid to advance them. We so much believe in what we do professionally to make the world a better place that we give away a lot of our time in doing so. We believe that:
- Science is critical to environmental logic and sound decision making.
- Information is critical to science and information needs to be free.
- Finding information should be easy. So should sharing opinions on that information.
- Stakeholders should be listened to and their time should be valued.
- Well-run meetings, online discussions, and websites are fundamental to effective communication.
- The skills for doing the above are not innate but require training.
- Internships are one of the most important actions taken in developing a career.
- Open source software is the future because it saves money and time and creates better products.
- Many people will put a lot of volunteer time into a project if they think it makes a difference and they get some personal/family benefit in return.
- Having clearly stated principles, missions, goals, strategies and measurable objectives are good for every organization and individual that wants to make a difference in what they do.
- Quality outside help in developing the above is worth the expense.
- Having fun in meetings, work, and life leads to better results and more efficient use of time in the long run.